STREET STYLE FAVE
To want to emulate someone’s style is par the course, and quite a great place to start if you are unsure about your own. Finding a woman, whether it be one of the street style queens, your grandmother or eccentric friend, and mimicking her style esthetic is one of the best ways to learn about your own taste.
There are some women, however, who are impossible to imitate. Not because they have an innate sense of style but because it’s their job. Stylists are, by default, going to be better dressed than you, no matter how hard you try. Yes, they have access to the season’s biggest hitters before everyone, and they are masters at pairing the unexpected, but their biggest advantage is the bank of historical and current fashion knowledge that makes their styles decisions, both on and off set, strategic, well informed and innovative.
Elisa Nalin, who’s studied classical art, worked as a designer for Costume National and become a sought-after stylist in Paris, is precisely the kind of woman whose creative capabilities have advanced her style far enough ahead of others’ that she is simply one to admire and not to copy. Parce que c’est impossible.
- ywukiy likes this
- p3bbl3sp likes this
- lanitanail reblogged this from elisanalin
- neraidoulachemist likes this
- iomont likes this
- myhandmadejewelry likes this
- mylittleidea reblogged this from elisanalin and added:
- jemeplainstoutletemps reblogged this from elisanalin
- catcatfashiondesires likes this
- balibulle reblogged this from elisanalin
- kpfusion likes this
- duckalicious likes this
- nothing2c likes this
- easyasme reblogged this from cocopowell
- pekky1021 likes this
- elisanalin likes this
- elisanalin reblogged this from cocopowell
- cocopowell posted this